Monday, October 29, 2007

The Big Kill



Javan and I both had deer tags this year. Javan shot this 4 x 3 on opening morning out at Gary's. We had been watching a bigger buck and they were all walking single file into some trees, the big one in front. When we could see them again Javan shot the first one. Guess what? Wrong one! They must have switched places in the trees. It was kind of a disappointment, but still a nice buck.
I shot my deer out at Spring Creek. We were walking down the road to get to a tree stand and this buck stood up right across the wash, I just knelt down and shot him, that's right, for the first time in my life I shot and killed a deer in one shot. That's just the way I roll. (Or I just got lucky.) Who wants jerky?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be the first to comment on this one...congrats on the nice shot and I definitely want some of your good jerky! You know me, how can I resist Halls's jerky?!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

If you have a good recipe I want it! That is a pretty nice deer you have there!