Monday, October 27, 2008

For Nicole and Heather

My good friends Nicole and Heather embarked on a serious adventure last Friday. They rode their bikes all the way from Blanding to Lake Powell. It's 90 miles. Way to go girls! They are so adventurous. They invited me to come along but I wasn't quite up for the challenge, so they enlisted me to bring them lunch about halfway through the ride. Ethan and Ally were pretty confused about why they were riding their bikes and why we weren't going all the way to Lake Powell. It was fun anyway.

Here's a few pictures.
Yeah Nicole!
Go Heather!




After this fun trip I was thinking about a few other fun adventures we have had together.

We rafted down the Colorado River. There was Me, Nicole, Heather, Tamia, and Shawn (Nicole's brother). We had no idea what we were doing and ended up flipping the raft on some rapids and about drowning. We all survived and gathered up all of our belongings except for a couple pops I think.


All through high school we said we were going to hike over the mountain. And it wasn't until the year after we graduated that we actually did it. There was me, Nicole, Heather, and Cyndi. It was a 30 mile trip. We hiked 20 miles the first day, then camped and finished the last ten miles the next day. It was so much fun. This was right when Javan and I started dating, he came out and camped with us that night. I had blisters all over my feet because my shoes were a little snug and he helped me bandage them up. How sweet, can you imagine how stinky they were after hiking 20 miles.

Thanks Nic and Heat for the good times. What should we do next?

No comments: