Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Christmas Time!

I love this time of year. Except for the cold, maybe we should trade Amber places, they are missing the snow. I love the friendliness, and spirit of giving among everyone. I love all the heart wrenching stories and experiences that people have. I love Christmas music, even though Javan will only allow a song or two. I love the lights and decorations. My kids have been all upset as we drive around town that lots of people have their lights and decorations up and we didn't have ours up yet. At preschool they were talking about Christmas and making ornaments to hang on the tree and Ally raised her hand and said "we don't have a Christmas tree". The teacher was sure to tell me when I went to pick her up. Geez, it's the first week of December, give me some time. Anyway, we got up some decorations this morning inside the house. It will be a true Christmas miracle if we get any lights put up outside this year.

We went to the annual Tree for All last night to see Santa Clause. I told Ethan and Ally about it that morning and they were excited all day long to go see Santa and sit on his lap. I kept asking them what they were going to tell him that they wanted and they wouldn't tell me. Ethan kept saying it was "a surprise" and Ally said, "it's special, we can't tell." I think she meant a secret. So as we stood in line I kept asking Ally if she was going to sit on his lap. She gets really shy and won't do lots of things (like play the games at the Halloween carnival). But she said she was going to . . . until it got to our turn. Here they are on Santa's lap. Ally wouldn't say a word, or even look at him. Ethan told him he just wanted "toys". He said he doesn't care who gives him what toys, that's good for "Santa" to know.

I didn't think about taking pictures until the tree was pretty much done.

The "kids" tree. This is the one they can hang all the ornaments on that they make at school and whatnot. The big tree just has to be pretty (not that it's really that pretty).

The finished product.

The stocking where hung from the old '70's fireplace, and I wouldn't really say with care. There was a plentiful amount of fighting, yelling, and scolding that went along with the decorating. I was just glad to have it done. How's that for Christmas spirit?

2 comments:

Beth said...

It was fun to see you guys at Kaiden's wedding. I wish we could have stayed for the big party!
If it makes you feel any better, we still don't have a tree. Shea has not had any time to go get one, and we can't have a fake one! We're getting one this weekend though!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

I guess that is why you have kids. So you don't loose the christmas spirit. The tree looks great.