Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hard Drive Failure Immanent!

Oh no!! I am in a serious state of panic right now. We got home from work last night and there was a message on our computer that said "Hard Drive Failure Immanent. Back up hard drive immediately." Holy crap, this is my worst nightmare. If you think about it immanent is a pretty scary word. Because despite all your efforts, nothing can be done. What about all my pictures and videos? This is the only record I have of my kids. What if I lost all their pictures? I panicked.

Thankfully I had purchased an external hard drive recently and was able to back-up to that. (I think, I left it going over night and forgot to check it this morning.) I called HP support and spent an hour with them. Thankfully (again), our computer was still under warranty so they will replace the hard drive for free. HP is not my favorite. We have had several other problems with this computer. In my opinion, stick with Dell.

So I might be away from the computer for awhile. They are shipping a new hard drive and then I have to install it in the computer and reload all of our programs on to it. So if you don't hear from me for awhile that is what happened. I hope all is safe and sound in my little external hard drive. You all should think about getting one.

Happy New Year!! (right?)

I am using a computer at work to post this.

1 comment:

Adalia said...

Yeah, I purchased one about 6 months ago and back up my hard drive occasionally for that very reason. We'd lose hundreds of pictures,etc.

from Nate.