Thursday, January 21, 2010

We're Being Buried Alive

These are some pictures of the snow we have received as of about 9:00 pm on Thursday. It has been snowing ALL day and this storm is supposed to continue until 6:00 pm tomorrow. I'm about to shoot myself.

The phone rang this morning about 6:30 and the Caller I.D. said "Community Emergency". I was a little startled. But it was a message from the school district that said school was cancelled for the day. A few hours later there was another call the said school was also going to be cancelled for tomorrow.

I'm serious, this snow is crazy. My back is about broken from shoveling because I have to lift the shovel above my head to heave the heavy snow off to the side. I don't think I can do it again. I'm not tall enough, or strong enough. This snow is pretty wet and heavy. And by the time I got one sidewalk done the other one would have another inch back on it.

This is me and the kids after I finally got the sidewalk shoveled. Javan is standing up on the porch so it doesn't look quite as high but it is seriously almost above my head. You can't see me from the other side.


One side of the roof. We have a metal roof so it doesn't stick like it does to shingles, I think there's a good 2 feet up there at least. It's about to rip the rain gutters off. Javan is going to try and get up there tomorrow and shovel some off. I'm a little nervous due to the slippery metal roof and also a still healing shoulder.


This is the other side of the porch. The snow is starting to slide down, but it's caught on the rain gutters and solid ice on the underneath. Javan tried to hit it as hard as he could with the snow shovel but couldn't make it budge.


This is the pile Javan made from pushing the snow out of the driveway and in front of the house. We already had a pile from previous snow storms but it doubled today. You can see that it's taller than the skid loader. I mean, look at the tree.


The back deck. It's almost up to the rails. None of this is snow that has fallen from the roof. It's hanging on to the rain gutter like in the front.


The back yard, swing set. The swings are completely covered. Javan had to go out to the shed and the snow was just about up to his waist, it was at his bum.


The sad part is: IT'S STILL SNOWING. (I know this is moisture that we need but I just wish we could spread it out a little.) We'll see what tomorrow brings.

6 comments:

Amber Jensen said...

Oh my goodness...you better get on a plane and get here quick! I was freezing today and it was about 75 degrees.

Nicole & Trent said...

It's reeeedickalus!!!!! I can't believe it. It's a bit overwhelming. I know what tomorrow is going to bring.....MORE SNOW. I'm working a grave yard right now so I'll let you know if it ever stops during the night.
Amber, shut the door!!!!!!! We don't want to hear it : )

Shalisa Hazleton said...

I guess this is what we get for having a stake fast for snow! Stay inside and drink some hot chocolate!

Adalia said...

Wow we have none. Just rain and loving it. I cant believe that storm! You guys are going to have snow until fall!

mags said...

you've got alaska beat!

Kelli said...

That is crazy!!! Your kiddos are so cute! I love Ally's dance costume.