We left early on Friday morning so we could make it to Cedar in time for the big event. We went to the world premiere of Great Expectations, the musical. I really enjoyed it. It was so good.

That night we went and had a yummy dinner at The Pizza Factory. Mindi, Haven, Susan, and me.

Macie and Beth. Mmmm, mmmm. (Shan was in this picture, she edited herself out before I got these from her. Stinker.)

That night we had craft time.

And of course, snack time.

And then bedtime. Some went to bed alot earlier than others (Haven).

The next morning after some shopping/yard selling we headed back to the theater for another awesome play. This time we saw Pride and Prejudice. It was really good too. Here we are getting ready for the play to start.

After the play, enjoying some quality time with William Shakespeare. I'm so mad my eyes are closed in the picture. Sorry I ruined it guys.

We did some more shopping after the play and Macie found this cool retro-style bench at the cool little shabby-chic store.

Susan made a new friend.

Macie liked her too, a little too much maybe.

That night we played a game of reverse limbo in the motel room. To play the game you take a box, we had wheat thins, and you have to bend over and pick it up with your teeth, the catch is you can't use your hands. If your hands touch the box or the floor, anything but your own body, you're out. We had some good laughs watching each other get into funny positions to get the box.
First Shan tried this position:

Then this one:

This one didn't work:

Neither did this one:

But finally, Success!

Haven with some good technique.

Beth did pretty good.

Macie had to do some stretching to get herself limbered up.

Susan was a good competitor.

But in the end it was me.....

....and Macie.....

That won in a tie. We both picked up the flat piece of cardboard off the floor with our teeth. I was quite impressed with myself, I didn't think I could bend like that anymore. Good times.

We had such a fun trip. Thanks Shan for inviting me, and thanks girls for the great time.
1 comment:
Wow, that sounded like an AWESOME girls night out! It looked like you guys (gals) had so much fun. I've always wanted to go to the Shakespearean festival. Those pics kind of reminded me of when all the dental hygiene girls went to GA for the boards review. Good times...
Post a Comment