On February 18th his actual birthday we had a little party at home with just our family and opened presents. Ethan has been asking forever for his own TV in his room. So Javan and I got him this little DVD/TV. The kids were so excited the busted it out in the living room to watch a movie. They ended up all falling asleep on the floor.
The next day we took a group of Ethan's friends over to Monticello for a miniature golf birthday party. On Saturday's they do black light miniature golf so the kids thought it was pretty awesome that their golf balls and teeth and eyes were glowing.
Ryan didn't want to be left out.
I thought it would take them an hour or so to do a couple of rounds. Oh my word, it was chaotic in there, and we were done in about 30 minutes. So Javan took the boys outside for a snowball fight in the parking lot. Consequently his phone fell out of his pocket and was stolen (We know that because the perpetrators called my phone from his.)
Then we headed over to Wagon Wheel for a pizza party.
I made some cute golf cupcakes. Note to moms: most kids don't like coconut, don't put it on the cake. (My kids love it so I didn't think it would be detested.)
All in all, it was a fun party. The kids had a great time. And best of all, I didn't have to clean up the mess. Hooray!
We're so happy to have Ethan as part of our family. He can be a trial at times, but he is a good boy, and a good big brother. One thing that I've always loved about Ethan since he was little is that he gets so excited about stuff. I love to see the excitement he feels and enjoys. I love you bud!
Happy Birthday!
1 comment:
Those are the cutest cupcakes I've ever seen! Thanks for the tip about coconut. I thought it was just my weird 2nd child who doesn't like it.
Post a Comment