Friday, January 25, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Last week, one of Javan's suppliers invited him to Mesquite for a weekend of golfing. So I tagged along too. We stayed at the CasaBlanca Resort & Casino. While Javan enjoyed 2 full days of golfing, I enjoyed some relaxing alone time. I started the twilight book series, which I could hardly put down. But I did manage for awhile to enjoy a wonderful trip to Wal-Mart. (There's not much shopping in Mesquite.) They were having a fantastic toy sale though.


On Friday night we went to St. George (the CasaBlanca was all booked). It was Javan's 31st Birthday! We went to dinner and a movie. The whole time we were gone Javan wasn't feeling quite up to par but was a good sport. On Saturday morning he was really feeling bad and I had to drive home. He was about dead by the time we got there, so I made him go down to the clinic, and low and behold he had pnemonia. What in the world? How do you get pnemonia?
So that was pretty bad, he only had it in one lung and was in quite a bit of pain. So if you can ever avoid getting pnemonia, I would highly advise it.
All in all, we had a fun weekend. Saw some old friends, spent some time alone, and celebrated a birthday.

4 comments:

Mindi said...

Looks like you changed your template successfully. It looks good. Sounds like you guys had fun, except for Javan's getting sick. Hopefully he's feeling better. Gaige has had that a few times, it's the worst.

Nielson Family said...

That sounds like so much fun. It's so nice to have a vacation from the kids. My kids are going to Blanding in February to visit with Grandparents. So I'm thinking of all the projects I can do while they are gone. Maybe I'll reread the Twilight books:).

Shalisa Hazleton said...

That sucks that Javan got sick while you are away trying to enjoy yourselves. Good thing you made him go to the clinic. I want to read the twilight books, but fear that I will neglect Evie, so maybe later.

Beth said...

It is so fun to hear what everyone is up to through blogging. Sounds like a way fun weekend.
I don't know how to prevent it from deleting everything when you change backgrounds. Sorry I'm no help!