Wednesday, March 4, 2009

6 Months Old

Are you serious? Ryan is already 6 months old. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. He is getting so fun though, and developing such a cute personality. He had his 6 month well baby check on Tuesday, and weighed 17 lbs 1 oz, and was 26 1/2 inches long. He is right at the 50% mark for both height and weight. Which is interesting because I thought he was so chubby. He's so much bigger than Ethan was at this age. The clothes he is wearing now Ethan didn't wear until he was 8 or 9 months old.
Ryan can now roll over belly to back and back to belly, and is enjoying spending more time playing on the floor. He really loves to play with his toys, but he likes things he's not supposed to have more, like paper and plastic bags. He goes nuts when I am holding a piece of paper that he wants. He loves to chew on EVERYTHING. Anything he can reach goes straight into his mouth.
He is beginning to sit up. He is still very wobbly and can only hold himself up for a few seconds. But we are practicing and he is getting better. He would rather be held though so he doesn't get as much practice as I would like.
We went up to Salt Lake earlier this month for my annual Dental Convention. Javan watched the kids while I went to classes for 2 days. The kids LOVE to stay in a motel but its hard to keep them quiet and under control. Javan took them swimming several times by himself. (I was actually there for the first time we went, taking this picture of course.) This was Ryan's first time to go swimming and he loved it. He didn't make a peep when I put him in the water. He loves kicking his legs and splashing his arms.
Javan also took them to the Children's Discover Center at Gateway. Ethan and Ally had a great time, I think Ryan had a good time too riding in the stroller. Javan was pretty nervous about taking all 3 kids out and about but he did a great job, and the kids had a wonderful time.
We also took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese. I think this has been the highlight of Ethan and Ally's life so far. They thought it was the best. Ryan was a good boy and played very nicely in his car seat. I think he liked all the bright lights and noises. (I forgot my camera at the motel so this picture was taken with my phone.)
I tried feeding Ryan some baby food a few weeks ago and he was not impressed. He was gagging and coughing and making nasty faces. But he got thrush ( ;( ) and yogurt is supposed to help neutralize the oral environment so I gave it another try. The first few bites were pretty rough, everything came back out immediately. But he got the hang of it pretty quick and loved the yogurt so I got out some carrots and he loved them too. Since he started eating baby food for dinner he has slept through the night a few times. Hallelujah!
After much worry and debate I decided to give Ryan a haircut. I don't know why I was so worried about it, I was just kind of sad to cut it, he has worked so hard to grow it, and it had come in so nicely. But we were having a struggle trying to comb it, it was too long to spike up, but wouldn't stay down when I tried to comb it over so Ryan had his first haircut. He did pretty good. He was pretty wiggly but I am used to working on a wiggly child's head so it worked out.


He looks so cute with his new "do". I think it changes his whole look, and I love it. He looks like such a big boy now.

5 comments:

Adalia said...

Oh my gosh! He looks like such a big boy now! Isnt it sad how fast they grow up? I wanna kiss that chubby little face!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

He does look very cute. Wow. 6 months. crazy. Go Javan for taking three kids on his own. Now he knows how you do it all the time. Right? I hope you had fun at the convention. Did you get great stuff?

Halls Huddle said...

Oh, he's so dang cute I just want to squeeze him. When do we get to see him again?

Krissy said...

He is so cute Erin!!

Krissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.