Tuesday, June 9, 2009
"Oh, my shots!"
This morning I took Ryan and Ethan to the doctor. Ryan had a well baby check up and Ethan need to get his immunizations for kindergarten. Ethan has known he had to get them for quite awhile and has been quite distraught about it. Every time we talk about it he would tear up. Anyway, this morning he was really nervous and scared. I had to hold him on my lap and hold his arms down to get it done. He cried but did very well. When we were leaving he wanted me to carry him. I said "Sorry bud, I have to carry Ryan's car seat, but I can hold your hand." He was still pretty sad and kind of sobbing and said "Mom, I think I need a little wheelchair." He made it out to the car just fine, but for the rest of the day everything he did he would wince and say "oh, my shots". We had to run several errands after their appointment and he told several people "I had 5 kindergarten shots today." He was pretty proud, once they were over. Funny boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is funny. Poor kid. I can't believe you still pack Ryan around in his car seat. I guess it contains him. Ally's hair is really getting long! Have you ever cut it? Fishing looks like fun. I would totally act like Ally.
I took Jane and Jonah in for their appt.'s on Monday. It was fun!! Jane was not excited about getting shots, and kept saying she just wanted to come back tomorrow. I think we are all glad it's over.
Poor boy! 5 shots would be traumatic for anyone. I am glad he survived. I can't believe he is off to kindergarten next year. wow!
Post a Comment