I gave Ryan a haircut on this morning. He did really good. Of course he was wiggly but he didn't fuss a bit. I was a little sad to cut off all his little curls but his hair was always a matted mess in the back and looked yucky so I thought it was time to say goodbye to the cute little curls. Doesn't he look handsome?
He's got another tooth trying to cut through on the bottom and has been drooling like mad for the last week. He's also been pretty fussy since we got home from Nevada. I guess he was sad to leave Nate and Dale's house.
In the past few weeks Ryan has learned to pull himself up to standing. He has been able to get up to his knees for quite awhile but standing is a new development, and he is quite pleased with himself. He has better access to lots of things now. He has also fallen quite a few times and bonked his head. He was standing up to the tub while Ally was in the bath and fell over and hit his chin on the side of the tub and made his mouth bleed. Of course, Ally was more concerned about the blood than Ryan was.
We have been swimming at the pool a lot this summer while Ethan has been in swimming lessons. Ryan loves the water and doesn't mind that it's a little chilly. Sometimes we go swimming with my friend Lisa and her kids, Isabel, Garrett, and Nache.
We usually go to family hour in the morning around his nap time and so he usually falls asleep while I'm holding him in the pool. I love it because he cuddles up in a little ball and lets me hold him. He's become quite a stinker at nap and bedtimes and won't let us rock him to sleep anymore. He just wants to lay down. In a way it's good, but I miss holding and rocking him to sleep.
We went to some sand dunes with Mike and Shan for family home evening the other night. Ryan loved playing and crawling around in the sand with Pratt.
He also loved eating the sand and rocks, and was ticked at Javan when he took a rock out of his mouth. Javan thinks he might has swallowed one too.
Ryan found one of Ethan and Ally's markers and had a good time playing with it. They are scented, but I don't know if they are flavored. He seemed to like it though.
When he came crawling over to me I had a total flashback to 4 years ago when Ethan did this exact same thing.
3 comments:
Oh Gosh, he's so cute! That last pictures looks a lot like ethan!
Oops, I didn't read everything. No wonder it looks just like ethan!
I think he looks like a blond Javan. And I just noticed that Ethan and Javan do their hair the same. That's pretty cute. I don't think Braxton will ever be able to do his hair like his dad's. he he he. I can't believe he is 10 months! So he is almost 20 lbs, does that mean you are going to turn him around in his car seat?
Post a Comment