Thursday, August 20, 2009

11 Months Old

11 months. I am seriously crying inside. I have taken so long to do this post that it's almost time to post about his 1st birthday. I just can't believe it, it pure craziness. Doesn't anyone else think that Ryan isn't old enough to be one yet?

Although I am sad about Ryan growing up too quickly it has been fun to watch his personality grow and develop. He is such a fun kid. He has been acting kind of shy recently. He'll tuck his head into his shoulder when someone talks to him or when I cheer for something he has done. It's pretty cute. Look at him. He's like a little boy in this picture, not a baby.


He loves to clap and cheer and play pat-a-cake. I have a cute little video but I can't get it to upload (stupid blogger). He jabbers all day long, I love hearing his little baby talk.


I thought I would include this picture because it's a rare one of Ryan acting nice while wearing a life jacket. He absolutely hates them. He loves going on the boat as long as he can crawl around on the floor and play, without his life jacket. Safe, I know.


Ryan has become really good at pulling himself up to standing and walking along the couch or whatever it is. He is the fastest crawler I have ever seen, it's so funny. People are always commenting on how quick he cruises along. He has let go of things and stood by himself a couple of times, but only for a few seconds. Once he realizes what he is doing he hurries to sit down.


Ryan absolutely loves to help with the driving. He makes it pretty impossible to drive when he's helping, but he loves to climb all over the steering wheel and push any buttons or pull any levers he can reach.


We were camping with Bayley's family over the 24th of July up at Foy Lake where the dirt is black. I hesitated putting Ryan down for the first hour because I knew how dirty he would get. But I couldn't hold him, and he didn't want to be held so I finally relented and put him down. This is what he looked like for 3 days. I pretty much looked the same from holding him. It was so funny to look at him because his face solid black with two bright shining eyes peering out.


I am amazed every time I see this. How do boys know how to do this already? Ethan finally let Ryan play with one of his 4-wheelers and the first time he grabbed it and started pushing it around and making little driving noises. It's so fun to see them play together.


One day Ryan was crawling around and playing and he got really quiet. You know what that means. So I went looking for him to see what he was up to. I found him hiding in Ally's room with her bag of parade candy. This was his greatest day, he was so happy with himself. We let him get good and sticky and really enjoy himself before we put him in the bath.

4 comments:

Mindi said...

I can't believe he's almost one, I swear he was just born. What a cutie.

Shalisa Hazleton said...

How come you didn't mention how much dirt he ate? He did eat the dirt right? I don't think anyone can go through out life without it! Cute pictures!

Andrea said...

He is so cute. They grow up way to fast!!!

Kelli said...

I can't believe he's one either. He's so cute!!!