The kids spent the night before at my parents house. My mom took him down to the store and let him pick out his own birthday present and totally spoiled him rotten. And on the morning of his birthday my dad made pancakes for them and put a candle in Ethan's. He thought it was the coolest thing ever. Then they spent the day a Becky's where she had made cupcakes and let the kids decorate and take them home. Grandma Shannie picked them up from Becky's and had even more birthday festivities planned with more cupcakes and presents. Finally Javan got home from Moab and let Ethan open a few presents. When I talked to him that night he was a little sad and worn out from a long day, but cheered up quickly and was excited to tell me about his new presents. Thank you everyone for helping to make Ethan's birthday special for him (and me).
Ethan is a little confused about birthday's in that he thinks on your birthday you have to have the party, or the day you have the party is your birthday. I left some treats for him to take to school on his birthday and he thought that his whole class was going to come to his party. I had to do a little explaining. Anyway, when I told him I was going to be gone on his birthday and we would have to have his party on another day when I got home, he said, "Mom, how about you make the cake and teach dad what to do." Javan had a moment of panic thinking that that is what I really might do. And after having the party I am thinking it might have been a good idea.
So finally, we had Ethan's party over this past weekend. I thought it would be a pretty easy going party, eat some pizza, have some cake, go to the movie. No, not easy going in the least.
Here is Ethan with his Transformer cake, that he picked out. It got kind of messed up in the car on the way home from the store. Oops.
The moment the boys arrived it suddenly turned into a WWF wrestling match. And the decible level was off the charts. I kept trying to get them to quiet down, but to no avail. Poor little Ryan and Nache kept crying because it was so noisy. Ally just kind of sat back and watched. Only a few tears were shed.
We finally got them all settled around the table for some pizza. I don't know if settle is the right word, sitting at least. There were spilled drinks, tooting noises, animal sounds, who knows what else. Craziness is what else.
I did get them to sit still for a minute to take this picture. Won't this be fun in the senior slide show.
Back row: Maddax, Porter, Ladd, Jensen, Ryan, Ethan, Preston, and Joshua
Front row: Jeter, Garrett & Nache, and Ally
But it didn't last long. Everyone make a funny face. Look at Ryan and Nache, totally oblivious to the world.
Thinking hard about his wish.
And finally blowing out the candles. With a little support from Maddax and Jeter.
After the cake we took the boys down to the theater to watch the movie "Tooth Fairy." I gave them a little pep talk on the way down about not running and yelling in the theater and standing quietly in line while we got our snacks. What do you think happened? The second we walked through the doors at the theater they all ran as fast as they could to get seats on the front row. Once the movie started they settled down and were quiet and good. All in all the kids had a good time and the party was a success. And next time I think of taking 9 boys to a movie, someone talk me out of it, m'kay!
Happy Birthday Ethan!
Much of the time Ethan and I butt heads. He is a very strong willed and stubborn boy. But he is also very loving and tender. He is kind of a perfectionist like me, and has to have things just so, which is a little frustrating at times. He is very smart and amazes me with how much he learns in school. He loves the outdoors and spending time doing fun things with family and friends. He loves the Wii, Transformers, Legos, playing guns, horses, trucks, motorcycles, riding his bike or 4-wheeler, and watching movies. He loves to eat, and going out to eat. Meat is his favorite food, any kind really. His favorite color is red. And his favorite place to be is snuggled up by me in my warm bed. I love you Bud!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Ethanator! I always think birthday parties are a great idea too...until I am in the middle of one and then I decide I don't ever want to have another one. Then the following year....we do it all again!
Love the picture of Dad standing as the bouncer during dinner.
You are very brave for doing that! At least it's just once a year. Tip for next year(since I haven't thrown a birthday party) get one mom to help you.
The kids had fun with Ethan and Ally while we were there. Looks like a fun party! (Fun for mom and dad too huh?)
I love the new family pics...so so cute! I can't believe he is six!! And I can't believe you dared have a party with that many boys...plus take them to the movie! You're crazy...ha ha!!
Post a Comment