So I started getting the kids buckled in the truck and Toby came running over, ready to go, and I had to go and lock him in their kennel so he wouldn't follow us. I hadn't anticipated on getting emotional but I just started bawling. The poor people didn't know what to do. (Even now, I am crying again, just thinking about it.) I am happy for Toby, I know he will love it out there, it's like dog heaven.
A few hours later the lady called and said they had walked up the pond that is on their property and threw sticks out and Toby swam and got them and he was just running everywhere and was loving it. She even said they only feed their dogs the good stuff that they get from the vet.
I know he'll be taken care of and will be happier out there. But it was sad to leave him. Like giving up a child kind of. I'm such a baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment