Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone! For as much as I dislike Halloween we had a pretty good time this year. On Monday we carved pumpkins for family home evening. I think there were a lot of people that had this same idea because the pumpkins that were left at the store were pretty picked over. All of them had soft spots, some were leaking nasty pumpin fluids out, and some were already a pile of mush at the bottom of the box. But we made the best of what we had. Both Ethan and Ally we super excited to carve their own, with sharp knives. Ally had a hard time following the lines we had drawn so she enjoyed just kindof stabbing her pumpkin with a sharp knife. Since Javan gave Ethan his own real leatherman earlier this year he has become quite proficient with a sharp knife (besides the one accident, you might recall).

Anyway, Here's Ethan and Ally carving their pumpkins.

Family photo after all the pumpkins were done.


Happy Halloween!



Ethan dressed up as a Jedi Knight. He wanted to be something that carried a sword, and it had to be a straight sword, so we had decided on a pirate. But then he saw this Jedi costume and had to have it. We already had the light saber so that was a bonus. But then he didn't want to carry the light saber he needed something to hold it. So I whipped up a really awesome light saber holster, for one really awesome Jedi.


Ally dressed up as an Angel Princess. (She wanted to be a princess, and I accidently ordered an angel costume, hence the angel princess, everyone wins!) She was so cute. The costume was a little long so I thought I would just put a few little gathers down at the bottom so shorten it up a bit. This turned out to be quite a detriment to Ally. The fabric was stretchy, so everytime she took off running she would catch her foot inside the dress and fall flat on her face. The first few times it was inside the house so it wasn't a big deal. But then she face planted on the concrete at Mike and Shan's and the rest of the night was spent in either mine or Javan's arms.



Ryan dressed up as a turtle. This is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I loved it. I wish he could wear it every day so everyone could see him. He was a really good sport, in fact he was so cozy and warm inside the turtle he was sound asleep most of the night.




We had a pretty long day. After playing all morning we went to Pratt's football game in the afternoon. (It was the quarterfinals, we beat the Richfield Wildcats 33-0. Go Broncos!) Then we came home and got ready for trick-or-treating. After visiting the homes of family and friends Ethan and Ally were both pretty tired and wanted to go home. So we did, but then they wanted to go to "just one more house", so I took them to the neighbors, then "just one more house" so we went on to the next house, then "just one more". It continued this was all the way around the block, until their buckets were full and too heavy to carry themselves. I'll call that a successful halloween.

8 comments:

Amber Jensen said...

Oh my gosh! Ryan is seriously so cute in that turtle. I just want to kiss him!

Mindi said...

Cute costumes- I love the turtle costume, Ryan looks adorable

Adalia said...

They all look so cute! Cant wait to see you all soon!

Sunny Jones said...

Cute costumes. Your family is growing so fast. You have such cute kids. Way to go!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

All very cute. Princess angel. I don't think anyone has ever been that. That is great.

Halls Huddle said...

They are soooo dang cute! Wish we could have seen them in person. Let's have a re-do at Thanksgiving- what do ya think? :)

Beth said...

Your kids look so cute in their costumes. Someday I'll have a little girl to dress up like a little princess. That turtle costume is so cute!

CK Black Family said...

Hey Erin! Thought I'd check you out! Cute halloween pix. My ethan was a jedi too - great minds think alike!