Here's my chubby fat man, his hair has already grown so much since his haircut last month. He is about ready for another one.
Last month Ryan was just barely starting to sit up, he was still really wobbly when we left for Jamaica. Since we've been home he can sit up by himself really well and hardly ever falls over.
Ethan and Ally can not get enough of him. I thought this would have worn off by now. It's nice that they love him so much but he is getting big enough that he doesn't want them to come around. Sometimes he just yells when they get near him. He does love to watch them play from a distance though, and they know how to make him laugh. He was a pretty good sport on this day and let Ethan and Ally drench him with the spray bottle while the combed his hair.
Ryan is pretty happy most of the time. Since we got home from Jamaica I decided it was time for him to sleep in his big crib. He was way to big for the bassinet, but I loved having him next to me. So he had a few rough nights crying himself to sleep in the crib, but he is, for the most part sleeping through the night now. Isn't he cute?
He absolutely loves his bouncy chair. He sit in it and bounce for an hour or more while I fix dinner, or clean the house. On this day I had gotten in the shower and was getting ready when he fell asleep in the bouncer. Ethan and Ally were playing in my room and whenever they would make a loud noise his head would pop up and he would start jumping really fast and then his eyes would close again and his head would slowly lay back down. It was pretty funny. I tried to get a video but Ethan and Ally thought it was too funny also and ended up waking him up.
This is a good way to keep Ryan busy for a while so I can get a blog post in, or fold some laundry. He's does pretty good now that he can sit up and reach and pick the toys he wants to play with.
While we were in Jamaica Ryan got his first tooth. I could feel it under the gums and I knew it was going to come in while we were gone. Still when I called Shan to check in and she told me his tooth had come in I was pretty sad that I missed it. Some of the other Moms on the trip sympathized with me, most of the other Dads, like Javan laughed, and thought I was silly. Come on, it's my baby's first tooth. I like to be there for these milestones. A few days after we got home the next tooth came in as well. If you look close in this picture you can see his little teeth there on the bottom.
When we got home from Jamaica the kids were at Becky's. When we picked them up Ryan just stared at Javan and I with a kind of scared look. He wouldn't smile or show any emotion towards us. But by the time we got home he had warmed up and was happy to see us. And we were happy to kiss on his chubby little cheeks.
5 comments:
I love the picture of him asleep in the bouncy chair. Seriously, time is flying. Ryan is a cute kid. And good for you for putting him in the crib.
He is so cute. I love all the fat rolls. I am so jealous you guys were able to take a trip to jamaica. It looked beautiful.
So So So excited he is coming tomorrow!!!! LOVE HIM!!! Maybe you already know this, but your kids are just about perfect!
Oh man, he is cute! He looks so different from when he was here!
He is so dang cute. I love how Ethan and Ally were doing his hair, that's funny.
Post a Comment