Since Bayley was coming from Moab and we were coming from Blanding we met about halfway and camped near Monticello. It did get a bit chilly in the evenings, but it was nice and warm during the day.
Javan is getting Ryan started off early on the riding. He had a good time. He didn't like the sound of Javan's motorcycle. Every time Javan fired it up Ryan's bottom lip started to quiver and he would cry. He's going to have to get over that or it's going to be a long summer.
Carter, Willy and Ryan playing with the toys. I tried to keep him clean and contained to one area, this worked out pretty well.
Kamron and Ally enjoying some mid-afternoon coloring while the boys were off doing something destructive I'm sure.
Bayley had to run back to Moab on Saturday morning so Javan and I loaded up most of the kids and went for a little road trip. We took the kids to Newspaper Rock. They thought it was pretty cool at first, looking at the petroglyphs and trying to figure out what story they were trying to tell. Then they were hungry and ready to go eat lunch. I hadn't been to Newspaper Rock since I was a little girl when my Grandma Halls took us there, I love remembering our little trips she took us on.
We stopped by the river to have a picnic and the boys tried to build a dam across the river. Ethan was trying to fill in the little tiny holes so no water at all was coming through. It kept them busy for a long time.
Ally spent most of her time throwing rocks into the river. Is she a plumber's daughter or what?
The kids after lunch, dam building, rock throwing, water skeeter catching and ready to head back to camp. Daniel, Ryan, Max, Kamron, Ally, Reed and Ethan.
The "big" boys rolling the ice cream ball down the hill. We made some delicious mint chocolate chip ice cream in this cool ball. I am quite impressed with it.
In an attempt to keep Ryan out of the dirt he played a lot in his walker. Javan couldn't believe I was making him pack the walker to go camping but it worked out pretty good.
Thanks Bayley and fam for yet another fun weekend. Can't wait for the next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment