Friday, December 2, 2011

Deer Hunt 2011

We had a very successful hunting season this year. Michael and my dad hunted during the muzzleloader season. They had both shot, hung, and cut up their deer before I even knew they both got one. We didn't get a picture of Grandpa's deer. And had we not just happened to pull up as Michael was getting ready to leave we wouldn't have seen his deer either. He shot this pretty nice 3-point.
Austin, Payton, Dave, and my two cousins, Brad and Colby all shot their deer on this one evening. We had quite the meat factory going.
One night while we were out hunting my dad and Javan spotted some "big" deer. So Javan and I jumped out of the truck to try and get in front of them. Javan was so excited he just grabbed his orange vest and threw it on. I was busting up laughing while I was trying to keep up with him from behind, while taking a picture. When we turned around and saw me taking his picture he was quite disgusted that I wasn't taking the hunting seriously.
We did get in front of the deer, only to realize that the "big" deer they had seen were a bunch of 2-points. My kids were so excited and kept asking "Mom, are you going to shoot it?" "Mom, can you shoot it?" So I went ahead and took him down. The kids were fascinated with the whole process of gutting and cleaning out the deer. We had a pretty indepth anatomy/biology lesson.
So proud of Mom.
Steve shot this crazy 4x2. This was Cole's first deer hunt, so he was super pumped that they got a deer.
Davis shot this little spike on the last day of the hunt. Sure made some yummy jerky. Thanks Davis.

Way to go everyone. Until next year.

No comments: