Friday, September 5, 2008

Ryan Halls Shumway

Well we did it. Yeah!!

Ryan Halls Shumway was born on September 3, 2008 at 3:45 pm. He weighed 7 lb 14 oz and is 20 1/4 inches long. (Big boy!) He is a healthy, happy, good, little baby.

We got to come home yesterday (Sept. 4). Ryan's first night home went well, he woke up every 2 hours to eat, but he is a good little nurser, and such a good baby so far. He is so sweet.

I am doing fine. I still look like I am about 6 months pregnant. Ally asked me if we were having another baby, when I said no, she said my belly was still fat. Thanks, I'm aware.

Anyway, here's some pictures.

"That was hard mom"



Ethan and Ally love their new baby brother.



Our first family picture.



Ready to come home.



Relaxing on mom's bed.



Whoa, big boy.



It has been a tradition in our family that Grandma gives the kids their first bath. My Grandma Bailey did this for all of my brother's and sister's and we have carried on this same tradition with my kids. So here is Ryan's first bath. He didn't like it very much.



All wrapped up warm and cozy in a towel. This is much better.



Ethan taking good care of Ryan.

7 comments:

Amber Jensen said...

I love that last picture of Ethan holding Ryan. It is so cute!

tris said...

congratulations! he is so cute...his hair already looks super blond. does he look like ethan...? good luck with three, four has about killed me.

tris said...

congratulations! he is so cute...his hair already looks super blond. does he look like ethan...? good luck with three, four has about killed me.

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Yea! How exciting! You make some cute kids! You get all skinny after your kids, don't worry about your belly this early!

Nielson Family said...

Congrats!! He is adorable. I bet you are glad the pregnancy is over. I'm sure you'll lose your baby weight in no time. You guys have cute kids.

Mindi said...

Congratulations! He is so cute. I hope that everything continues to go smoothly for you guys, we hope to get down to see him soon. :) I like his name too!!

Kelli said...

He is the cutest----I can't wait to hold him--hope you are feeling well. The epidural is great isn't it!!!!